Celebrating 10 Years
Celebrating 10 Years of Innovation and Success! 🎉
Simple looks back over the last 10 years
We are thrilled to announce that Simple has recently marked its 10-year anniversary since achieving regulatory status. This incredible milestone stands as a testament to the unwavering dedication and hard work of our remarkable team. Over the past decade, Simple has embarked on an exhilarating journey filled with milestones, market changes, regulatory achievements, and community opportunities. Here's a glimpse into some of our most memorable moments:
- Obtained authorization for Peer to Peer Lending (Loans) and credit brokerage.
- Successfully navigated through a regulator change to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- HMRC launched the Innovative Finance ISA (IF ISA), and Simple became the ISA manager later that year.
- Our Managing Director became a director of the UK Crowdfunding Association, a trade body of crowdfunders in the UK. She has been a director ever since.
- Introduced Equity fundraising to our business.
- Our MD received the national 'Influential Women of the Year' award for her outstanding contributions to the crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending space.
- Simple combined its platform, offering equity, loans, and bonds under one roof.
- Opened a London office on board the HQS Wellington, moored outside Temple Station.
- An unexpected appearance by David Attenborough at one of our training events on board.
- Recognized in the Peer to Peer Finance News Top 50 since 2019.
- Shortlisted for the 'Financial Inclusion,' 'CEO of the Year,' and 'Property Lender of the Year' awards.
- Extended onboarding of pension investors and improved the onboarding process for Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS) accounts.
- New Year's Eve party on board our London office, offering breath taking views of the Thames and the London Eye.
- Navigated the challenges of Covid-19 by facilitating communication between investors and fundraisers.
- Continued to improve the onboarding process for pension investment accounts (Small Self-Administered Scheme – SSAS).
- Initiated a comprehensive business review with the FCA and enhanced our product offering.
Throughout the Decade:
- Amidst substantial regulatory changes, we've adapted our platform to meet evolving requirements and ensure a seamless customer journey. New marketing restrictions that come into force will mean that raising funds in the unregulated space will be more challenging. We have already seen an increase in enquiries just in the last two months alone.
- Collaborating with other communities to provide a fundraising platform, with more exciting details to be shared in 2024.
Crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending have evolved into mainstream investment and financing options. Simple's driving force remains accessibility—providing investment opportunities into property and other products for all.
Simple is your gateway to investment opportunities that were once exclusive to those with substantial funds. Our platform empowers investors to craft their property portfolios at a pace and scale that suits them, all within a regulated environment.
For property developers and business owners, Simple opens doors to accessible finance that might have posed challenges elsewhere. This access not only contributes to the much-needed delivery of new housing in the UK but also accelerates business initiatives, propelling innovative and creative ideas to market swiftly.
At Simple, we believe in democratizing access to finance and investment, ensuring that everyone has the chance to participate and benefit.
A heartfelt thanks to our incredible community members—investors, fundraisers, supporters, and suppliers. The last 10 years have been an incredible journey, and we eagerly anticipate flourishing together over the next 10!
#10year anniversary #celebrate #simplecrowdfunding #crowdfunding #p2p
- Celebrating 10 Years
- Financial Promotions Order
- Unlock the Power of Property ISA Investing
- P2P Finance Awards 2023
- Property Investment: Equity Vs Peer to Peer Lending
- ISA Investing
- Simple Crowdfunding 2022 Review & Highlights
- Shortlist - CEO of the Year Award
- Financial Inclusion Shortlist
- The Importance Of Switching Off
- P2PFN Power 50 2022
- Investment Due Diligence
- Melanie Omirou, Acorn Property Group
- Property Market Economics
- UKCFA 36H
- Main Benefits of Property Crowdfunding for Investors
- 2022 Property Market Predictions
- Forward Ladies Female Entrepreneur Award Finalist
- 5 Reasons To Invest In Property Now
- Developer Benefits: Raising Finance Through Property Crowdfunding