John Corey, Property Fortress
What do you do?
- Owner of Property Fortress
- Working with other investors and fundraisers, including deal structuring
- Lead Investor in some projects on the platform
Where are you based?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up? - Make tea
- Who inspires you and why? – People who can ask good questions. It tells me a lot about how they think and also means that we have room to explore new ideas. You can’t create the future by repeating the past.
- One thing that is on your bucket list – Go to Iceland
- If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would it be? – Crucifixion of Christ
- What was your first job? – Delivering newspapers
- What did you want to do/be when you were growing up? Bricklayer, then US Marine Core Pilot
- What is the strangest thing that you have eaten/drunk? Bull balls (rocky mountain oysters)
- Would you eat a bowl of crickets for £50,000? - Sure.
Quick Fire Round
- What is the last picture you took on your phone? – Stage for ‘The Knowledge’ play
- Which do you use more? Dictionary or thesaurus? - Dictionary
- What does it take to make you say yes (something you love)? – A good idea
- Your favourite holiday location(s) – Kaanapali North, Maui, Hawaii
- Favourite food or drink – Chinese
- Favourite animal – Don’t have one
- Financial Promotions Order
- Unlock the Power of Property ISA Investing
- P2P Finance Awards 2023
- Property Investment: Equity Vs Peer to Peer Lending
- ISA Investing
- Simple Crowdfunding 2022 Review & Highlights
- Shortlist - CEO of the Year Award
- Financial Inclusion Shortlist
- The Importance Of Switching Off
- P2PFN Power 50 2022
- Investment Due Diligence
- Melanie Omirou, Acorn Property Group
- Property Market Economics
- UKCFA 36H
- Main Benefits of Property Crowdfunding for Investors
- 2022 Property Market Predictions
- Forward Ladies Female Entrepreneur Award Finalist
- 5 Reasons To Invest In Property Now
- Developer Benefits: Raising Finance Through Property Crowdfunding
- What is Crowdfunding?